Monday, May 31, 2010

alcoholic ice cream *hearts*

My food trip to Elfav Ice Creamery was over two months ago, goes to show how lazy I am in uploading my blog. Well, I am a certified ice cream addict, I can eat a whole pint in one sitting (tried it in college, gave me a serious brain freeze) and would not feel guilty about it one bit.

Imagine to my surprise that here I am, a girl in the South, and didn't know that an ice cream parlor selling alcoholic ice cream is less than 20 minutes away from where I live. I saw their ad on TV and begged my mom to drop by the store asap.

So we went to Elfav Ice Creamery around two weeks after I watched that ad. The place was very "summery", just like how most ice cream and yogurt stores look like. The stark difference advertised before is that this store has board games spread in the area. Too bad when I went there I only saw a chess set, I was expecting them to still have Snakes and Ladders and Games of the Generals as was reported by other bloggers years ago.

I went straight to buying the alcoholic ice cream, presenting the beer (L) and tequila rose (R) ice cream:

As expected, I liked the tequila rose more, but the beer ice cream was also great. The beer ice cream already smelled like beer (to my mom's disgust hehe) before I tasted it, and the nuts in the ice cream made me feel like I'm getting a complete inuman with pulutan feel after every bite. The tequila rose was great because, I swear, I felt the kick of tequila (or whatever it is) as the ice cream melts in my mouth.

My mom, of course, opted for a non-alcoholic ice cream. She went for the turones de casuy flavor, which was one of the store's bestsellers. I think it tasted good also, although my tongue's pretty dulled already from having two scoops of alcoholic ice cream, hehe.

I can't wait to go back here again since I haven't tried their Bailey's ice cream yet (which I bet will taste good...in principle). They also have a Yakult-flavored one which definitely has my name written all over it.

4 comments:

rissee said...

duuuuuude!!!

resident_nutty said...

grabe pare, nafeel ko ang meaning mo with just one word LOL

text ka lang, sa BF Homes lang siya, sadyain natin bilis hehehe

Liam said...

Mabs! Game! One more time! Let's schedule a TCP day with the others and go to BF for the alcoholic ice creams. :D

resident_nutty said...

Yo, ako naman game anytime hahaha, basta magkayayaan lang. Forever naman akong nakatambay dito, kayo ang lalakbay to the south, hehehe :D I guess di na for June since puno na hehe