Tuesday, March 22, 2016

personal projects

I don’t believe in horoscopes, but they’re always a fun read (especially the crazy fortunes in Libre – do they still have those?) and it’s almost protocol to look yours up when you live in a non-Chinese country but you get a holiday during Chinese New Year. Anyway, I was browsing through mine (I’m Year of the Rat) and there’s one constant result among my search finds:

In 2016, the Chinese rat zodiac sign should focus on completion of the projects 
which are pending for the last couple of years.

Oh man, this is like the latest sign for me to stop procrastinating and finish all the projects that are gathering dust in the “work in progress” box. So in my effort to commit to them this year, I’ll be somewhat immortalizing my to-do personal project list in my blog.


PROJECTS TO FINISH IN 2016
now I ask myself why I’m committing to this at the end of the first quarter *facepalm*

1. Editing of all pending videos (that would be two travel mvs, two event vids, and three mini “for fun” videos), whoopeedoo~~~

2. Closing all the fictional stories that I started pre-2016 (that’s two long multi-chap fics with demanding readers). Finish a thorough outline for prospective novel.

3. Condo makeover: haven’t even made a budget for this but it will be mostly aesthetic. My walls are starting to bore me.

4. Peeling project: new project! *crosses fingers*

5. Travel financial plan: projections for UK2018

6. Finish reading East of Eden: I’m calling this. The book has been with me for more than a decade.


Now I need some cheese to power myself through these.

No comments: