Saturday, March 10, 2018

seoraksan travel video

At least I can say that the bed rest forced me to be productive.

This is my "best effort" at a hiking video. I do not hike in general but seeing that this is our nth Korea trip (and some pressure from my Korean boss to do it), we decided to take a break from stuffing ourselves with food and drinking soju by exercising more.

So we booked a shared tour (apologies to our new friends that somehow got forced to do our trail) and told the driver that we wanted to try the Ulsanbawi Rock trail. We know it's an intermediate (2km)-advanced(1km) trail but decided to risk it. The driver however got a case of "tinimbang ka ngunit kulang" moment and told us not to do the Ulsanbawi route and instead do the Biseondae-Geumganggul Cave trail.

Going to Biseondae was easy enough (it was categorized as "moderate" for 3km) but wtf the climb towards the end was pure torture. Our party of 6 soon dwindled to 3...the other half stayed at the viewing deck while I and two of my friends soldiered on to see that cave. No wonder I almost cried from the steepness (and exhaustion) and I can barely film because I can't keep my balance (took off my bubble jacket despite the winter weather so one arm is basically useless) -- that leg is "expert" (so, uh, higher than advanced) level for 1.5 km. I guess our guide thought that 4.5km of moderate-expert is equivalent to 3km of intermediate-advanced (mukhang pwede nga naman).

So with my shaky hands and general laziness in exploring stabilization techniques in the post-editing process, I give you my most unstable mv to date hehehehehe. At least the view was worth it!


Someone please give me a gimbal to overcome this! Oh and this is the first time I used my SJCAM on land. As I said before, not bad for such an inexpensive camera!

No comments: