Tuesday, December 04, 2018

revisiting the bucket list

Before I embarked on this 10+ years of international trips, I already knew that at some point I have to go to Scotland because it is THE bucketlist destination I have set for myself…in grade 7 haha. So when that epic trip happened last month, I scoured through this blog because I knew I posted a list of some sort regarding going to Scotland before I die. Well I finally found the list! I posted it in 2005, so two years before I finished college, i.e. I’m still ignorant enough to DREAM BIG!

Apparently it’s more of a “wish list” than a bucket list (hence, a lot of crazy items). At first I was just planning to post about crossing off that item and leave it at that. But this list is too amusing for me so might as well take this opportunity to comment on each one:

Wish List / Things I Want to Do Before I Die: (with comments 13 years later) 

1. Scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef --> let’s change this to snorkel because I don’t want to invest anymore in diving
2. Go cherry blossom viewing (o-hanami) during the cherry blossom season in Japan. --> DONE!
3. Meet Oprah --> what are the chances?
4. Meet Nelson Mandella --> RIP Nelson Mandella
5. Have dinner with Johnny Depp --> again, what are the chances?
6. Own a Scottish castle (preferrably wid no ghosts) --> I don’t think I’ll be rich enough to do this. Which means I should marry an heir LOL. BUT I was able to stay in one! I think that counts!
7. A boat ride in the Amazon river --> hmmm need to save for South America trip
8. Swim under Angel Falls --> mukhang malabo na to (is it even allowed?)
9. Ride a motorcycle by myself --> have no idea why I would write this (must be watching an asian drama with motorcycles lol). counted ba super small scooter? may balance factor naman din sya. in which case, DONE
10. Dub an anime or an imported telenovela --> hmmm also unlikely?
11. Watch Les Miserables and Cats in Broadway. -->hmm, watched Les Miz and Cats here in Manila. Hamilton in West End. So pwede na.
12. Jog in Central Park --> hmmm soon…doable pero low priority haha
13. Join the Amazing Race --> let go haha
14. Get all the tulips i can get in Holland. --> I’ve been to Holland but I forgot that this is in my list haha
15. Stroll anywhere in New Zealand. --> maybe this year!
16. Wear the crown jewels (even for 5 seconds) --> so I doubt this is allowed, but I got to see the crown jewels in the Tower of London!
17. See the setting of Anne of Green Gables (Prince Edward Island) --> whoa, Anne of Green Gables nostalgia. Hmm I don’t know if I can still manage this 
18. Perform in a rock concert, preferrably wid L'arc en ciel or Ricard Samborra (Bon Jovi guitarist, tapos kakanta kami ng Livin on a prayer hehe) --> well…saw L’arc en ciel twice! I think that’s good enough.
19. Tour Ireland and Scotland --> Scotland DONE! Ireland in a few years!
20. Sing with Clay Aiken --> wow this list is so dated, kamusta na kaya si Clay Aiken
21. Meet Won Bin and Vic Zhou --> eto kahit na dated gusto ko pa din mangyari hihi
22. Ride a horse ala Marlboro commercial --> hmmm pano kaya to
23. Own a deserted beach cove --> still not rich enough!
24. Use different colored contact lenses (although I don't need them) every week. --> I wonder why this is in my list, but I guess this is doable haha
25. Own a Siberian husky --> awww my favorite dog. Malabo din to haha

No comments: