Wednesday, January 01, 2020

yow 2019!

It's kind of ironic that just when I had a TON of free time during the holiday break (solo for two weeks since family is at the province), I didn't muster enough will to write a year-end post ahead of time. So here I am, turbo typing in the morning of January 1, 2020, to squeeze in my year-end post for 2019.

I wished for a positively crazy 2019 and I guess I got one? I can barely remember what happened this year to be honest -- and this is where being more active in social media might pay off, but I was resolved to post less about what's happening in my life especially in Facebook. So, scrolling through my spattering of Instagram posts this year...I managed to go on a hike in Batulao, swam and jumped (!!!) my ass off in Moalboal, went on the annual summer trip with my ex colleagues, had a nice solo birthday getaway, attended an emotional concert in Osaka, got into tita mode with my niece and mom in Hong Kong, and had a chill trip with my usual Korea gang.  Thank you IG for reminding me that I was apparently busy this year hehe. I also had two major family reunions -- from both sides of my family -- which were great events to catch up on relatives (and I was spared from the dreaded single mid-30s woman hirits! Win!).

2019 was a dynamic year for my personal and professional life, but whatever expectations I had for those two aspects haven't fully manifested. Nonetheless, I'm grateful that there is some movement -- whether towards the good or the meh -- at the very least. (I already KNOW, x years from now, that I'll read back to this post and I'll be like -- what the hell am I talking about?)

2019 is also the year I turned 35. I still feel loopy about it, I feel like I should be doing something for my 36th birthday hahaha. Anyway, we'll see how it goes!

Weirdly enough, I'm excited with 2020 (although I'm dreading going back to the office tomorrow). My brother is getting married, and my sister will give birth this year. Ano naman kaya para sa kin di ba? 2020 is the Year of the Rat. It's MY year. C'mon universe! LOL (I might regret typing this btw).

And so I thank everyone for the fun memories of 2019. I've always mentioned that I've been neglecting this blog and now I'm comfortable with this level of neglect LOL. I'll just devote this site for my birthday and year-end posts (and maybe some video postings) to chronicle at least the highlights of my life for the sake of my future self. Happy New Year to everyone and cheers to 2020!

No comments: