Monday, March 23, 2020

quarantine (!!!)

So I figured that I should make a blog post on my adjusted lifestyle due to the enhanced community quarantine lest I forget that this happened by the end of the year.

Recent work-related developments:
1. Since I came back from my younger brother's wedding (middle of February), I've been extremely busy at work due to COVID19. Given the nature of my work, I have to be always updated whenever the Philippine government acts on something and decide if it is relevant enough to be reported to the foreign government I work for -- for possible actions on their end.

2. Then we have the community quarantine. During the first stage, I still have to go to work (no such thing as work from home; if you can report for work, then do so). When the enhanced community quarantine got rolled out and I don't have any means of public transportation at my disposal, bosses have no recourse but to let me work from home. There are now guidelines (since I work for an exempted industry) that technically allow movement via an authorized vehicle for transport of essential workers. So far, I haven't been informed if they're willing to send over a vehicle to pick me up (no way I'm going to walk all the way to the office).

3. For some reason, I'm more busy doing wfh than being in the office. Hmmm, must be because I really need to prove that I AM working from home (and also to prove that *ahem* my function can seriously be performed at home as long as I have an internet connection).

Take-aways and updates (so far):
1. I'm generally lazy to go out of my house anyway so being in isolation should've been an easy transition (good thing my senior parents are not living at my unit during this period). But I found myself feeling trapped at times for some reason LOL. To think that I'm technically allowed to go outside to do essential tasks. Maybe I feel trapped because I want to go out to do non-essential tasks haha.

2. Apparently I'm willing to spend more on goods (ie buying at the convenience store at my condo) to save myself from the hassle of waiting for a minimum of an hour at the supermarket and get cheaper goods. But I think at some point this might change.

3. This is a GREAT period to do overdue house tasks. So far I threw out idle boxes in my unit (I'm having a roach problem) and did my laundry. Technically I can do more with the time I have outside of my wfh hours but I would also like to keep my sanity by watching videos and making progress in my coloring book haha. I want to do a general cleaning before my mom flies back to Manila (whenever that will be under the current lockdown).

4. I get hungrier than usual (or having more cravings than usual) during this period despite still subscribing to my usual eating schedule (diet food delivery is still operational!) Maybe because of the fact that I'm at home and I can easily go or order (extra) food somewhere. Also, my "doomsday scenario" food supply is within plain sight (must.not.give.in.)

Hopefully we'll get over this crisis as soon as possible. I'm sad that my travel plans are getting cancelled and I don't get to do my usual errands (need a haircut forreals). But we all have to make sacrifices for everyone's well-being. So far I got to edit some podcast episodes, hoping I can make headway in my overdue vlog edits and maybe write. Anyway, taking it day by day.

Be safe everyone and stay healthy!

No comments: