Wednesday, June 24, 2020

thirty....SIX!


I should have figured, with my amount of workload and with this annoying weather screwing my temperament, that I wouldn’t be able to make a blog post in time for my birthday. 

Yow, I’m officially on the other side (cannot get away with “early 30s” anymore). The current “36 years old” feeling is still strange, maybe because I can’t hold a proper celebration i.e. drinking for a couple of nights in succession. Also, with the amount of work that I have right now, I don’t even have time to dwell and maybe reflect(?) on the possible significance of being 36 especially during this time of corona.

Nonetheless, I’m blessed to receive so much love and well wishes sans the actual social interaction. Glad that my mom was able to finally fly in after being stranded for three months in the province and managed to make it just in time so I don’t have to celebrate alone.

I’m stumped as to what my birthday wish is/will be. I just remembered that during the virtual mass on my birthday, I wasn’t able to come up with a prayer intention (wonder why, haha). Maybe because there’s just a lot of things to deal with, not just on a personal level, that I’m forced to take stock of people’s circumstances aside from my own and made me view my life (and what I want to do with it) on a different lens.

That’s it. I posted a picture of one of the times that I went out of my house during the early days of enhanced community quarantine for posterity.

I’m thinking of making a separate post once my life has a semblance of (new) normalcy. That would mean being required to go to the office everyday (we’re on an alternative work schedule now), and wholly relying on public transportation. Until then, stay healthy!

No comments: