Monday, January 25, 2010

2010 shaping up to be GREAT to my korean heart

Most, if not all, know that I've been a Korean entertainment addict since the end of High School (hallyu wave and all...) and I must say, this year is forming itself to be an AMAZING year for my korean fangirl heart...

There are two korean dramas (one already running, another to be shown in April) that I'm very excited about. The typical way that I determine if a show is worth watching to my taste is that it's a romantic comedy, has an interesting premise, can at the very least tolerate the leads, and feedback from my fellow kdrama friends and javabeans. And here are the two (so far) that I have to watch:

Still, Marry Me (The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry) - I wasn't a fan of noona-dongsaeng pairings before (though My Name Is Kim Sam Soon made me a semi-fan gosh, how can I forget? Dal Ja's Spring MADE me a fan, it was so convincing, the age hardly mattered), but heck, the fact that Kim Bum is the male lead and 90% of my Korean crushes (including him) are younger than I will make this series a must-watch. The change in the hairstyle of Kim Bum also works, in the sense that he looks older.


Personal Taste - I just realized that the two dramas I'm excited for both feature F4 members, LOL. Anyway, this stars my same-birthday-guy Lee Min Ho and OMG *drumroll* Sohn Ye Jin! I mean, I was already excited for the Lee Min Ho part but throw in Sohn Ye Jin (lead of The Classic, which is still my favorite Korean romantic movie to date) to the mix, this is ACTING HEAVEN for me! And c'mon who would pass up Lee Min Ho acting as a gay guy? This is another noona-dongsaeng pairing, and was initially planned for the return of Goong's Yoon Eun Hye and Joo Ji Hoon (too bad that didn't work out, but oh well).


Now, for Korean celebrities going here, I'm most excited over the news that Jang Geun Seok is coming to promote his series, You're Beautiful (which is my favorite drama of 2009...note to self: must revise top 5 kdramas asap). Must brush up on my stalking skills, was successful when Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Bum came so third time's the charm!


And then, also the fact that Super Junior is having a concert here in April is another cause to celebrate (although I'm sure SOMEONE is WAY more excited than I am). I wasn't planning to watch this concert, since I only have a crush on one (out of the 13) guys, but heck, peer pressure and seeing Hee Chul go crazy got me caving in...

So that's just the news for January 2010, I'm excited how the rest of the year will pan out...

No comments: