Friday, January 29, 2010

"i have dreamed"

I was browsing in the record bar this afternoon and I happened to come across a copy of The American President. I remembered loving this movie n years ago because, well, it's a romantic and classy movie (how can you go wrong with Annette Bening?). Given that, I suddenly remembered that iconic scene of the state dinner wherein Michael Douglas and Annette Bening danced and LOVING whatever song that is being played in the background. N months (or years?) later, I watched The King and I in HBO and I heard that song again! Since this was in the '90s, I can't remember using the internet to find out what the song is (I remembered having sucky search engines then).

So, thank you Google, YouTube, and that serendipitous trip in Music One (which jogged my memory), I finally found that song after a decade...it's entitled "I Have Dreamed" from the musical King and I. Too bad I can't find the exact cut of the animated version for the song, but here is part of the animated feature which has the song starting at 5:31...


And here's the score played in The American President (I think this could also be a fitting music for a wedding, hehe)



No comments: