Tuesday, February 09, 2010

nuts and seeds

My mom's recent problem with gout (which turned out not to be gout after all) and my new manicure didn't deter me from eating a lot of this:


That's an assortment of nuts (almonds, peanuts, macadamia, pistachios, and other stuff that I can't name) and squash seeds in one package (c/o my mom's officemate). I love nuts and seeds, even used the phrase as the name of my editorial column in our High School paper. So don't be surprised if I have gout when I get old.

4 comments:

rissee said...

Oh yeah gout. Not to mention uric acid.

I can plow through half a big-bag of pistachio until my lips are white from the powdery substance coating the nuts.

Let's die happy, Mabs. :)

resident_nutty said...

yes, let's die happy

pistachios are my favorite peanuts (sad that they're expensive), as in kaka-manicure ko lang the day before but there's no stopping me from opening those shells

rissee said...

i WAS wondering how just getting a manicure fit in the picture... no wonder.

makes me feel barbaric by using my teeth to crack those nuts open.

hahaha!

resident_nutty said...

haha i just use my teeth pag di na mabuksan ng fingers ko :)