Wednesday, March 03, 2010

trip to Sonya's

I'm a big meat (and potatoes?) type of girl, but it's also nice to change my diet (temporarily) now and then. So when my brother was here during Christmas vacation, Mom wanted us to go to Sonya's Garden (which no one except her has been to) for a little "immersion" with nature.

I kind of cringed at the thought of eating a lot of plants for lunch (and being powerless in ordering what you want, you eat whatever they give to you), but it wasn't a bad experience. I tasted some of the salad, stuffed myself with the mushroom patte (which was AMAZING) on bread, and being a white sauce girl, ate a lot of carbonara. And I'm elated that they have chocolate cake for dessert (I thought that the banana fritters were it) --- so much was my happiness that my mom and dad gave me their cake since they're too full from the salad (which I graciously took from them). Not bad for Php600 per person especially if you're hungry (they'll give you food and drink refills until you surrender and ask for the next course).

Some photo highlights:

Various spreads on bread (just the thought of it gives me gastronomic delight)

The salad (only ate a small portion of the greens, and then lots of mangoes, nuts, egg, and croutons, LOL)

Argh, I didn't take a photo of the pasta (red and white sauce are available, but I favor the white sauce --- the thickest version I've eaten so far, which works for me). Moving on...

My attempt at having a "product shot" - dalandan juice (my fave!), Arugula(?) tea (not a fan of tea but this was SO good!), and a random flower that one of the workers gave me (and my cousin and my mom, in case you get any ideas). My brother and I dared each other to eat the flower, tasted like the flowers of an aratyllis (don't ask how I know).

DESSERT!

I like taking photos of tree branches with the sky as the backdrop

I want this in my future flat...very Zen...

And insert this picture of a hydrangea...my favorite flower!

2 comments:

crickette inserto said...

ive only been to sonya's twice but i fell in love na with the place, right away.

actually.. i want to get married there, if ever, cus its beautiful and simple. (fingers crossed)

resident_nutty said...

yeah, it's a very tranquil place...perfect for a wedding :D