Friday, December 31, 2021

*sigh* 2021 *sigh*

Imagine, I still managed to unearth one backshot travel photo this year. This was taken just a month ago in Pangasinan, with friends whom I had (derailed) travel plans last summer.

I cannot fully say that 2021 was an improvement from the previous year. It still feels like an extension of the lethargic, when-will-this-end mindset that I still have not grown accustomed to. I managed to squeeze in a trip early this year to Batangas (which is a milestone because I haven’t seen any body of water for more than a year!)’, had a couple of hotel staycations (currently on one now), and also went out of town with friends towards the end of this year. 

I guess a key event that I can bother writing about this year is the family’s COVID struggles. I lost an aunt to COVID during the summer, while my dad caught the virus as well (culminating ironically on the day after my birthday). Suffice to say it was a dark and draining point of my year, maybe one of the hardest in my life so far. I’m just glad that I still have a support system to keep me sane during this period and that everything has been settled (for now) despite the hard decisions that have to be made. 

I also got another niece this year, this time around from my younger brother. I just realized that I didn’t blog about my other niece in last year’s post, hihi. So yeah, I hope this would be over so that I can hang with my two young nieces without this COVID cloud hanging over our heads. 

Lastly, I have started my new job just this month! So far so good, though I’m also conscious of the (high) expectations from my new position. Prayer circle that I get to thrive under this new work environment, which thankfully is just a stone’s throw away from my house. 

I’m super grateful that I got to survive this year and managed to enjoy most of it despite the various ‘surprises’ thrown at me. Third year in a row that I’m celebrating new year without my family, but at least I got to muster enough energy to go on a staycation with my friend to usher in 2022.

So, cheers again to a new year and I hope that 2022 will be better!

No comments: