Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022 – slightly better?

No other entries this year apart from the year-end post LOL. Currently in the middle of my Bohol-Siqujor-Bohol (again) trip this holiday season and I have to justify lugging around this heavy laptop so here we go—

This year is a weird one, transitioning back to how it is before covid. It’s a year that I had to learn new and re-learn old skills. Suffice to say that the year kept me on my toes for most of it.

So, milestones first – finally got around to attending a freediving course! Not that I want to take it as a serious hobby, but the skill has been handy so far in the snorkeling trips I’ve taken. Might have to buy a better underwater camera…

I also managed to complete one year at my new job *pats myself on the back* glad that I managed to survive (pretty stressful) and hope that I feel refreshed enough to tackle on the new year. Seems like it’s going to be busier more than ever.

Also went to a bunch of trips! I went to Bacolod in April during the holy week to visit family. Followed by the revival of THE El Nido trip in May. Then an overdue San Vicente trip in June (which was AWESOME; ang ganda talaga ng Pilipinas!) with powdery sand overload. I also went on my LONGEST trip in Korea (first international trip post-pandemic!) during autumn in October, a brief Dive and Trek (huhuhu first post pandemic return) in November, and capped the year with a Bohol-Siquijor trip. 

Sidenote, it feels so comforting visiting the usual haunts (ie El Nido and Korea) again. The familiarity definitely helped when I’ve been unhinged for two years. Also, wouldn’t hurt to throw in trips now and then to new destinations. I think this Bohol-Siquijor trip that I’m in now is my first solo trip to new areas (did solo trips in Seoul and Bangkok but I was there previously with friends). Nothing like a solo trip to flex those travel-smart muscles. And god, I seriously need greasing – almost missed my Korea flight (didn’t wake up to my alarm – thank god for travelmates) and forgot to pay travel tax in advance.

I’m also amazed that I get to attend two concerts this year: essentially it’s 7KON with B.I’s fanmeet in August and a festival that includes iKON. I hope these promoters space out these events (I know, I know, everyone needs to recover from the pandemic profit loss) coz I’m running out of ‘vice’ money and missed out on some notable events because of this.

The year had its struggles and I’m just trying to stay afloat and hopefully swim along. Apart from losing the national election (major UGH), there are some issues that I just have to pray and meditate over to keep my sanity. During these moments, I just remind myself that I have to soldier on and that wallowing over these issues is just not healthy. I’m glad that the people I love are here with me, as always, whenever I need them.

And on that note, happy to spend my new year with half of my family (they’re meeting me in Bohol). I’m kind of dreading going back to work again since I have a lot of things piled up. So good luck to me. I also WISH that I haul up my ass to finally renovate my place.

So thank you 2022, you are indeed SLIGHTLY better than 2021. May 2023 be loads more!

No comments: